Introducting XOXO Soaker and a Giveaway!
Bibi and I are so excited to announce that our newest collaborative design, XOXO Soaker, is now available for purchase! The XOXO Soaker Cover is designed to be knit in 100% wool for use with cloth diapers. The wide ribbed waist band and leg cuffs make for a snug fit and optimal leak protection. Of course, for those that don’t cloth diaper, it would also be an adorable addition to baby’s wardrobe either under a dress or tunic so a disposable diaper doesn’t show, or as something cute and sweet to wear for baby pictures. The X and O pattern is perfect for your little sweetheart! Included are 5 sizes to fit NB-24 months with variations provided for babies with those adorable extra chubby thighs. This pattern is suitable for advanced beginner and intermediate knitters, and techniques used include knitting in the round and flat, decreasing, grafting and picking up and knitting stitches. Pattern stitches are given both charted and written for your convenience. As a bonus, an excellent summary of how to care for your wool soaker is also included, written by my dear friend and cloth diapering expert, Bibi!
Some specifics about the pattern: Sizes: NB (0-6, 6-12, 12-18, 18-24 months) Finished Measurements (after blocking): Hips (unstretched)—13.5” (15, 17, 19, 20.5)”, Fits thighs up to—8” (9, 10, 11, 12)” around (alt directions given for babies with larger thighs), Rise (top of front waist band to top of back waist band between legs)—13” (14, 16, 17, 18)” Yarn Suggestions: Cascade 220 Worsted OR Ella Rae Classic Solids, Heathers & Marls OR any other worsted weight 100% wool with ~220 yards per 100 g skein; 1 skein all sizes. Uses approx. 120 (140, 165, 190, 215) yds. Needles: 3.5mm/US size 4 & 4mm/US size 6 needles* for working a small circumference in the round: DPNs, 1 long circ magic loop, or 2 short circs Gauge: 22 sts x 28 rows = 4” in XOXO Pattern. *Always check gauge. Adjust needle size to obtain proper gauge.
You can purchase this pattern through Ravelry (it is not necessary to be a member) using one of the 'Buy Now' buttons on this page, or click here to see to entire pattern write up page and add it to your Rav cart! You'll receive a professionally tech edited PDF download in 5 sizes to take you all the way up to potty training age with the added bonus of Bibi's fantastic guide to Caring for your Wool Soaker. We are also excited to announce a GIVEAWAY in honor of this release!
- one reversible Japanese Knot-style knitting project bag in a lovely coral print fabric designed by anieke on Spoonflower with an XOXO design as a nod to our pattern and beautiful Sunnyside by Kate Spain for Moda floral fabric on the reverse
- one skein of Cornelia Hamilton Heaven's Hand Wool Classic in Burnt Orange (one skein will make an entire soaker in any size!)
- a printed copy of our XOXO Soaker pattern (if you've already purchased a copy we will refund your original purchase!)
- a small bottle of Eucalan wool wash
- a small tube of lanolin to prepare your finished soaker for use
- Winners will be announced here and on Bibi's blog The Conscious Doer on Wednesday! Be sure to stop over there for more chances to win! Bibi and I have more collaborative patterns in the works coming up later in the year. Please join our email newsletter to get all of the latest information! We'll only email you when there's a new pattern release (we promise not to clog up your inbox or share you information!) Thank you for your support! We're so excited to release our new pattern out into the world! a Rafflecopter giveaway Linking up with Ginny and all of our wonderful knitter friends there :)